Saturday, March 15, 2014

Thing five: Notetaking

My first pick when looking through these apps was to try Bamboo Paper. I am a quilter and I immediately thought of how I could design quilt blocks using this app. To my disappointment, this app is not compatible with my device.

I then moved on to Springpad. I enjoyed the idea of having different ways to organize the content I usually work with. There are different notebooks a person can select and have in Springpad. I chose to add the work project, recipes, and my books notebooks. I really wanted to test this out to see if it was something I could use at work and at home. 

I started with my work projects and added tasks and meetings that I had during the week. It was nice to be able to check off things as I completed them and to see exactly how much I still had to finish. I found I had to try and remember to open the task I was working on to make sure I hadn't put down any comments about it. There was no indication in the task list that comments or a description was added to the task. This caused me to code my task name a little differently to give myself an indication that there was more to this task than just the title I gave it.

The one thing I'm wondering with this is app is will it really save me time. Having to type in all the tasks I have and then remembering to type in future ones doesn't seem efficient when I can visually see the pile of material I need to get done. It felt like I had two piles of to-do material when in reality I only had one. 

I have been looking for an app that will allow me to put in the titles for all of the movies I have acquired. If their movie notebook will allow me to input over 500 of them, well it might not be that bad of an app. It did have two of the most obscure ones in my collection, Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead and Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama. There is hope for this app yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment