Saturday, March 22, 2014

Thing seven: Content Saving & Sharing

I'll be honest, right off the bat I dreaded Thing 7. There are too many people I know that are so addicted and in love with Pinterest that it immediately turned me off to it.

I downloaded the app and decided I would give it a fair shot. It lasted a day on my device. When I did some searches to see how it could help me as a catalog librarian all I found were arts and crafts projects involving DDC. These were very creative and interesting looking projects, but how would they help a student find materials in the library catalog? From a technical services point of view, Pinterest does nothing to help me advance in my career or for that matter shine in it.

I could see how this app would be very helpful for librarians who work with displays or need to come up with ideas to get people in the library. There are a lot of creative people out there and Pinterest gives them a way to share those ideas with the world.

The app itself was easy to navigate through and I didn't find the user design to be complicated or hard to understand. This app will never be for me, but I can see its use in the library world.

No comments:

Post a Comment