Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Thing two: Mobile Device Tips


I personally have a Nexus 7, but I have used pretty much every tablet brand out there. I was excited to learn more about what my device could do. I haven't had any problems with my device because it has done everything I have needed it too.


I enjoyed reading about the different security options I had. Security has not been an issue for me, but it was really nice to know that I could get very specific when it came to unlocking my device. I am thinking about adding the Face Unlock for added security and to add that I have to physically blink before it will be unlocked. If nothing else it would be amusing to me watching someone else try and unlock it.


I also liked the Gesture Typing feature. From day one I always tapped each letter as I typed. It was interesting to see the device at work trying to figure out what word I was trying to form as I swiped my fingers around on the keyboard.


Learning how to take a screenshot was actually kind of difficult. With the case I have on my device getting access to the power button and the volume down button wasn't easy. I would end up turning off the screen instead of getting the shot. If I took the case off or had a case that did not obstruct those buttons I could see myself using that feature a lot more. 

1 comment:

  1. I have an older iPad and it would be nice if it had some of those additional security features. The face recognition sounds like a really cool tool. Let me know if you have and questions or concerns about any of the apps and I hope you enjoy getting through the 23 Things.
    - David ( 23 Mobile Things Coach)

    ReplyDelete