Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Thing one: Blogging
 
 
To start this off, I should be completely honest with anyone who should happen to come across this blog. I am NOT a blogger. I do not read or subscribe to blogs or own one of my own. The only way you would get me to invest my time into one is if I'm getting paid to do so.
 
Introducing 23 Mobile Things! The reason this blog was created. I came across the flier in the staff break room of job number one and thought it looked interesting, but didn't think it would be something I'd be able to do. You see, I'm a librarian who works two jobs. I am not fortunate to have a full time position with either of them. So more often than not when professional learning opportunities come around I just don't have the time to participate. Then I saw the email encouraging employees to participate in 23 Mobile Things. I thought, "Why not?" The worst my boss will say is, "Sorry, you have no time." To my surprise, I was given the go-ahead.
 
When thinking about this program, I am hoping to get a better understanding as to what is out there. I am a tech savvy person, however I don't use it. I don't have apps on my phone or play games on my tablet. I have a pretty sweet desktop for that. I want to be able to understand it all and know how to use it if I ever needed to, but I have no desire to own it. Who knows, maybe after Thing 23 I will have a different opinion.
 
I am also looking to be able to apply what I have learned to both of my jobs. I work in a public library and an academic library. I will be paying close attention to how I can use this new knowledge in both atmospheres.
 
I suppose this is where I should end the blog with a catchy phrase or tell you all to stay tuned for more exciting entries. However, it is getting late and I need to start making the closing announcements.

No comments:

Post a Comment